Thursday, March 25, 2010

25η Μαρτίου 1821 - Ζήτω η Ελλάδα! Happy Greek Independence Day!!!

25η Μαρτίου 1821 - Ζήτω η Ελλάδα! Happy Greek Independence Day!!!

Today marks 189 years of independence for Greece and it's a big deal. We are ultra-prideful people and we love to celebrate! It is a constant struggle to keep our homes from looking like the parent's house in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. If I would allow it we would probably have a statue of Athena in the foyer (we have one at the restaurant that my husband keeps threatening to bring home.)



Last year when I had about 2.5 readers I wrote about the new Acropolis Museum, it is so beautiful and as I am planning my trip to Greece this year it is for sure one of my first stops! Check out last year's post by clicking HERE!

Today I don't have a lot of time but I wanted to pull some of my favorite fabrics that seem to have some Greek flavor in them. I would approve of any of these in my house (no Sandy, not all of them in one room) but used in moderation would be just fine!



From the top: Donghia, Carly in Charcoal. Maharam, Salon in Lake. Victoria Hagan Home, Summer Square in Indigo/Periwinkle. Jim Thompson, Asia Major in Continental Blue. Maharam, Names in Ultramarine and White. Dedar, Cannella. Glant, Patent Leather in White. Castel, Harushika in Naturel. Knoll Luxe, Galloway in Regent.

I would also like to wish my Mother-in-Law a Happy Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cute pic Niki!

haider ali said...

Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it.
Box Athens