Friday, June 19, 2009

Beet Red?

Who decided that beets were red? Last night I was having dinner and cocktails with 3 fantastic people, Mark of course, Tish Mills who is an amazing designer in Atlanta, and Anita Best who is the General Manager at the Atlanta Decorative Arts Center (ADAC) and we just had a blast. We did dinner at Serpas, which has quickly become a staple of living for Mark and I (so if you are looking for some where different to go to dinner and want it to be yummy, go to Serpas) and we know what we like, what to recommend and it's all pretty fantastic. Anita decided we should order the Beet & Heirloom Tomato Salad which sounded light and refreshing, perfect for 95 degree weather and it was. At some point, after we had devoured the majority of it, I looked down and was struck by the beautiful color that the beets left behind. I started looking at our plates and forks and feel in love with the intense fuchsia from the beets! Immediately I snapped a picture with my phone (my apologies) because I knew I just had to have that color. So this morning when I came into the office I ransacked our library to find what fabrics I could that represented that color and was very excited to find so many! I make fun of Mark because he loves blue and green and always shutters any time I pull out something like lavender or eggplant and now I am going to blow his mind with "Beet"--I think that might actually go over better then fuchsia. What do you think?




Fabrics from the Top Left: Arc Com, Lotus in Flamingo. Knoll Luxe, Galloway in Port. Pollack, Structure in Jam. Knoll Luxe, Bavaria in Holly. Knoll Luxe, Mohair Prima in Peony/Blush. Robert Allen, Elm Manor in Raspberry. Maharam, Design 9297 (textiles of the 20th century) in Magenta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww...the color resembles a particular fruit that's been on my mind lately ;)