Thursday, December 10, 2009

Inching towards holiday spirit...

I am not really one for the holidays. Nothing against Christmas, Jesus, Santa or any other holiday entity, it's just not my thing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy certain aspects, gift giving & getting, family gathering, and all of that heartwarming stuff. So far our holiday season has been pretty fun and I am gearing up for another round of yule-tide events. Holidays are tricky for our family, with half of us not being from Atlanta Thanksgiving is the trade off holiday where we all scatter and flee the south. I go home to San Jose, where my favorite thing occurs right after turkey day....Christmas in the Park! It's a tradition in Downtown San Jose that I drag my husband to every year. This year I realized how cool it was when I was younger...and not so much now since it took us about 4 minutes to walk through the whole thing...but it's still a necessary event that begins to put me in the holiday mood.


Where are these Gingerbread People's mouths?


Sorry Sandy, I cut you off...


I think it's an owl? Not entirely sure.


Creepy plastic Santa.


The Rat King from The Nutcracker


NCIDQ rubbing off, the Underwriters Laboratories had a Christmas Tree, ironically it had no lights. Any time you have anything electric and you see a little circle with UL in it, that means these people checked it out for you.


Rows and rows of Christmas Trees


The Fairmont Hotel had a life size gingerbread house in their lobby. I remember when I was little they used to have giant nutcrackers and Christmas trees made out of chocolate & candy.


Yummmy!

2 comments:

Blue said...

Good to see you tonight, sweetheart. Its not often we are at the same social event but maybe the fact that it was in my building had something to do with it You're special!

Niki P. said...

it was great to see you last night too! What an entertaining group of people!!! Dinner soon, the four of us!