Monday, October 12, 2009

Olivia the Ostrich

Ahhhh the magic of DIFFA and the lengths we go to ensure our tables are fabulous. This year's example, Olivia the Ostrich. I had my heart set on some sort of carousel animal, I called every single antique dealer within a 50 mile radius looking for one. And then I stumbled upon this ostrich, she so wasn't what I was looking for, at least not in her current state. She was metallic lavender with metallic teal feathers and covered in sequins. Don't get me wrong, I love myself a sequin but it just wasn't working for me. The only way I was going to want her was if I could paint her. SO WE DID!!! Olivia is now hot pink and amazing! Totally the talk of the table, everyone thinks she's hilarious and she is the reason people seem to like our table, she is the unexpected surprise! This table ended up taking on a much more light hearted feeling then I had originally anticipated, so because of that I couldn't use the awesome artwork I had borrowed, but I feel like Olivia more then made up for it! Take a look at our "Concrete Circus" table!



This is Olivia before her
Raspberry Sorbet Spray Paint Make-Over


MWDA Team & Olivia, we heart her!

I also must say a huge thank you to all of the companies & people who helped with our table this year. Bradley Hughes for making our giant table, Pierce Martin for the Bar stools, Tecnosedia for the Seat Cushions, Gloriosa Design for the Drapes, Brian Patrick Flynn & Armour & Co. for their Jonathon Adler Animals, & Stray Dog Designs for the paper mache happiness!

No comments: