Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Goodbye Metropolitan Home, Hello Lonnymag.com

I assume that almost everyone today is writing some sort of post about the devastation of losing another really good shelter magazine. No doubt that Met Home was one of the good ones, the really good ones and I know we as a design community are sad to see it go. As a designer I am not ashamed to say that I am constantly trying to be recognized by any publication, but it was one of my dreams to be in Met Home, and believe me I tried...twice! Regardless, let's not look at this as another "sign of the times" rather as an opportunity for new and innovative ways to highlight trends and creativity. That being said, I was recently introduced to LonnyMag and I like it. This latest issue, Fall 2009 is their premier and it's just what the design starved are looking for. Think Domino Magazine(brought to you by one of their former editors)/Fun Blog/Eco-trip meets the internet. We all know we loved Domino, there's no shame in that. I love it's photography and it had some amazing resources, we'll it's basically be reincarnated on the internet. If my 72 year old father is savvy enough to sign me up for a digital edition of Marie Claire Magazine, then surely we can start reading online magazines. I am thrilled that I found LonnyMag and I am sure I am not the first, but I don't care. I hope you like it too!

5 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

OK, you are now the third person to mention this magazine...I need to check it out!

Blue said...

I don't care for it but I think I'm not the demographic its aimed at - mind you, I did not like Domino either.

TTI said...

I checked it out - I like the content, but I must admit to being a bit old school - love the feeling of getting a magazine in the mailbox, flipping through the pages, saving it in my huge stack. Maybe I need to look at Lonny on the desktop upstairs, it didn't scale well to my laptop.

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

TTI-I'm with you. I like the Lonny content, but its not the same. Print is just so relaxing to read and the excitement of receiving a new glossy in the mailbox-divine. Now if I had one of those big MAC screens...hummm then I could reconsider saying that I like print better. Either way, excited for Lonny and looking for to its beautiful images.

Niki Papadopoulos said...

I think I can get over the fact that it doesn't come to my physical mail box if I keep telling myself that it's better for the environment. I haven't sifted through all of the content yet (I have been fighting bronchitis) but I do love their photography, just like I loved Domino's photography. The best thing for me though was the amazing resource list. Domino was always so good about finding really great things and letting you know where to get it. It seems like Lonny will be doing the same. Either way, I am just glad to have a new shelter magazine, even if it is digital.