Friday, April 30, 2010

The source of my career

Lots of people are familiar with Knoll, but most people don't know that Florence Knoll really pioneered the interior design field. She (along with predecessors like Elsie de Wolfe) is responsible for validating interior design as a professional career choice. Her background in architecture spurred her interest in creating fully flushed out spaces and her belief in "total design." Without fully going into a history lesson, I have to say I am thrilled to see that a book about Knoll has been published! Knoll: A Modernist Universe is getting fantastic reviews and thumbs up from Elle Decor, The New York Times, and Vanity Fair. I love Knoll, I love their timeless products and impeccable quality. But as a designer I must say I love their people. My reps and Knoll dealers are just so fantastic and so good to us here at the MWDA and to me that is so important. It makes using their product so much more enjoyable, so thank you Knoll Atlanta!



If you have never seen their amazing showroom on the Westside here are some photos (courtesy of Knoll.com) and if you want to get the beautiful book, click here!





1 comment:

Karena said...

Wonderful images, and I may just have to get the book!!

Karena
Art by Karena