Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011...I think it's going to be a good year.

I think 2011 is going to be a good year, it's off to a fantastic start already! I am incredibly honored to have been selected as one of Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Top 10 Under 40. Truly I cannot explain how thrilled and completely humbled I am. To those who submitted my name for this honor, thank you so much, just to know that you think highly enough of me and my work to consider throwing my name out there is recognition enough. Briefly I would like to thank Azadeh Riaz for teaching me about business and giving me a chance when I was just a teenager. Barry Leach for making me realize, I made the right decision and telling me that I am a gay man trapped in a woman's body (possibly my most favorite compliment EVER) Scott Laslie and Mark Williams for putting up with me and guiding me. Mark--you're one of my best friends and I truly enjoy every day that I get to come to work with you. My father, for telling me I can do whatever I want and be whatever I wanted to be. He has always supported me and taught me what it means to take pride in the work that you do. And finally, to my amazing husband Sandy, thank you for letting me be me, for putting up with my insanity and being so supportive of everything I do. I could not ask for a better partner in crime or in life, thank you for loving me. I am in fantastic company this year including some of my favorite people and some new friends, congratulations to us all and thank you Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles!

6 comments:

Blue said...

Darling, I have often said, and repeated it again at the weekend when Rory mentioned this news on Saturday whilst we were having tea with Rose at the National Portrait Gallery in London, that I could teach you nothing! I knew then you were good, and I think you're one of the best! I am thrilled, absolutely, for you, and it's a well-deserved recognition!

Things That Inspire said...

Congratulations - I was so thrilled to see you in this fabulous group of talented designers! 2011 is going to be a great year.

Emily Amy Gallery said...

So so thrilled for you. Congratulations on a well-deserved honor!! Here's to a great 2011!

Niki P. said...

Thank you Barry, Holly & Emily! I am so excited, I still really can't believe someone even nominated me! I feel like 2011 is going to be good, keeping my fingers crossed!

And Barry--you certainly taught me a few things...like how to build a staircase.

TSL said...

Niki, so very happy for you, may 2011 continue to be good to you and your family in every possible way.

MFAMB said...

i saw this a few weeks ago and squealed delightfully.